Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Always Be Your Man

I need to unzip my double helix
To find a way to beat this
To make my genes fit
'cause I've got a wishlist
To change this
To rearange this shit
To hone this
To own this
Maybe sneek in a bonus
To make me more unflappable
To make me more compatible
To make me what I should have been
What I could have been
To cure all that ills
To be shiny
To be perfect
To be you
To be all that you deserve
Perfect wouldn't be enough
But until then I will work with what I am
And change what I can
Because my only goal is to always be your man

2 comments:

Jean Grey said...

Nice poem. Just don't aim for perfect- that will definitely make you crazy! But aim for something good.

ashmc2 said...

Very funny Jean!! The only way I could be perfect is if Webster redefind it. lol. Babysteps. This poem was my way of telling my wife how much she meant to me, by standing by me in my dark hours, and that I will try hard to work on the things that made me hate myself enough to attempt suicide.