Friday, March 23, 2007

Enter the Box...AKA...Master of My Domain

I need you he says
I need you to find the way home
I need you to find a way to be whole
The partition stretches far and wide
I see through the film
The glass is thick
It won’t break under my pounding
I sense the wolves coming
They smell my masculinity
The blood of my dreams
My thoughts now muddled and numb
I fear them but I will not succumb
I will stand my ground
Inside my glass prison it’s just them and me
I will stand firm I say
Outside the glass the world goes by
They see without seeing me
I talk with the smile in the jar
Normalcy, they see my ruse
I communicate, my facade is strong
I interact, yet I’m alone inside this cage
Alone but for the wolves
They come to hamstring me
They come to take me down
I stand firm
The glass is opaque now; yet I see
The glass is strong; it laughs at me
The blood smudges from my knuckles
Smears portray my struggle
They increase the hunt, blood fueling their determination
I look up from my defeated musings
I will stand firm
It dawns on me the path I must take
I will climb out
My hands fumble yet again in defeat
The glass laughs at my impotence
Time fades and I fall deeper
They snarl and lick their chops
I need the light
Spring you know I need you here
My mind warms
I stand erect
I am the master of my domain
My back erupts, I writhe in pain
I am truly alive
Icarus wings bloom from my spine
Upward I lift as the wolves nip at my soles
The cusp of my dark precipice is before my eye
The clouds part as I enter the world anew
The sun blesses my face
I have beat you once again
I am the master of my domain
I stand firm

No comments: