Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dreams cont: Shades/Wraiths Pt 1

 I will recall the shade dreams when I awake, although they aren't visually stimulating, but they are emotionally dreadful and appear with a  lifethreatening fear. With an actual adrenaline producing anxiety to the point of my mind telling my physical body of the danger, thus my mind contriving to stimulate myself awake by talking/mumbling, flinching, shaking so I can break free of the dream's hold before I pop. I recall more of what it isn't than what it is. It, the wraith, the evil antagonist, is a dark deeply negative absence, thus shade or shadow creature. An absence of light; pure evil vileness. It lives in the fog, it controls the fog, and it quite possibly are the fog that shrouds every aspect of the nightmare's atmosphere and near physical surroundings. The shade seems to be a hooded bipedal figure in flowing robes. But whether a man in a robe, a demon, or a mere presence, I never have understood. I can feel its very pestilence hot on my neck as it chases me through a dark foggy dreamrealm. Ever is it right there behind me as I flee onward. I dare not look back, because I know in my very core/soul that if I don't wake myself up before I tire of running, even if I slow my pace one iota, I will never wake up - I will die when it catches me! Do I honestly believe I would die? No of course not, but my subconscious believes it and has my CNS convinced also. I awake after pleading to escape what I know is a dream in a pool of sweat and a lingering feeling of dread and a sense that I am still being watched in some odd and menacing way. If I go right back to sleep I often fall back into the dream, especially if I don't roll over or adjust where I'm facing in the room.

These dreams added a ton of undue stress to my waking life. I already have nightly issues winding down to sleep. Fear of upcoming hounding nightmares just seemed overly unjust. To be continued...

No comments: