Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sup

I’m still doing well. I’ve been getting a little crabby lately, but nothing major. I am making a conscience effort to spend more time with the family. It doesn’t always work that way, but I am going to keep at it. I want my family to know how much I love and appreciate them. My vacation went well although we did a lot of medical related travel while I was off. I am on my second week back, although the plant is now down for production curtailment at the moment. My boss isn’t giving me a lot of superfluous tasks to muddle my day away so I should get a lot of studying done. While I am alone I will try to give that stress/relaxation CD another go. I occasionally still get my anxiety attacks. Hopefully I can continue to find ways to alleviate these attacks. Man have I been finding it hard to sleep lately. Even with the Seroquel I am finding it hard to snooze. It is often taking 3 to 4 hrs after taking my 300 mg to finally wind down. And yes poker is still consuming me. I plugged a few leaks and have begun making money again.

Oh yea, I'm still living right at and below 200lbs for the last few weeks. I played basketball with the Fam yesterday at 4th of July get-together. I got one game in and I was ready to just play horse because I couldn't drive or D-up well after the first 10 min. Luckily my outside jumper was on so I didn't have to go to the basket. BTW, we won. God am I out of shape; I couldn't even touch the rim anymore. I sweeted so perfusly that I had to go home and take a shower before the poker games ensued.

Later guys and gals, Ash out…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you back :)

Unknown said...

Glad you're keeping your weight down - I still remember that funny picture you posted! Good for you for spending time with the fam, and you can touch the rim of the basketball hoop? How tall are you again? Sheesh! :-)

Olivia Twist said...

Hi..just stumbled onto your blog, well, actually from another site. My doc says that she would like to test me in about six weeks to see if I'm bipolar or not. Can you please tell me....how do they test you for that?

ashmc2 said...

There isn't a test per se. They do it by way of a psychological evaluation. They ask tons of questions and depending on your symptoms, they can tell you what is wrong with you. But one day they will likely have a test to find out, because our brain functions diffently than "normals."
I hope you get the help you need and I hope you aren't one of us, for your sake. Come back any time, and if you find out that you are, you will find that our not-so-little circle of bipolar blaoggers are very supporting of each other and we all help each other through the hard times as we all learn more about ourselves. Thanks for dropping by and GL.

Later, Ash out...