Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How I Lost God – Which Turned Into a Long-Condensed Story of My Dysfunctional Life: Part 11

My dad finished school and they decided to go to Michigan for the summer and do some missionary work at a church. So accentually I became homeless at that point. That scared me so I sobered up and got a hold of Jason and his mom let me move in. My sister stayed with being a nanny to my uncle’s family so she had a place to stay. Jason and I sat around getting high every afternoon and partying out every night and then sleeping all day again and repeated that cycle, while his mom supported us and kept giving him the funds to keep us tweaked. She finally got fed-up and started coming down on us pretty hard about getting jobs and to stop bumming our lives away. One of our party friends got us laborer jobs with a small-time construction crew. This turned out to be worse than not having jobs. You see, the owner was a big-time drug dealer and the whole crew was like us - most worse. We all smoked pot on every break and lunch break. It got so bad that he would front us our weed one week and we would be working off that debt by working the next week. I was depressed that whole summer. My life was going nowhere. My parents called for the only time at the end of that summer and told me that they had taken a pastor job in a very small town in Michigan. They said that they were coming home to get all their belongings and U-hailing it all up north and my sister was going and I needed to decide what I wanted to do. My life was going nowhere and Jason’s mom was at her wit’s-end with us. It was only a matter of time before I ended up in jail or dead with the horrible things that we were doing. I decided to make a new start and said that I would go. I registered for school and went to school the first day. The freshmen all met-up in the gym that first morning for orientation and to meet the teachers. I was 3 years older than those kids and they were running around and playing like the kids that they were. Kids were abhorred seeing me smoking in the boy’s room and I told them all to fuck-off and grow-up. I was surrounded by immature freshmen that whole first day and quit right then and there. My parents were disappointed, but what did I care. My sister found out that there was a community school for dropouts. I signed up and started going there. And of course these were just the kind of kids that I didn’t need to be around. I got right back into the drug and party scene and became a town thug. I met my future wife the first time while going to score some dope from her sister’s boyfriend, which lived at her parents’ house. I talked to her a while my friend was hanging with my future brother-in-law. I thought she was pretty hot but she was only 15 at the time and I was 17 and I didn’t think I’d likely she her again anyways. A few months later I saw her again. 2 guys and I were cursing Main Street and picked up her and her 2 friends. I immediately had my eye on her. It was Devil’s Night, which is the night before Halloween, where local kids would toilet paper and egg peoples’ houses. I had never heard of it, but hey, it was a new state. When they got in they asked what was up with the rifle in the back seat. For some reason my dad had left it the car; I told them to just sit on it. No telling what they were thinking about at that point. I didn’t even get a chance to talk to her because soon after picking them up I was pulled over by the cops. The girls worried about the guy and so was I although I said to just keep sitting on it so the cop wouldn’t see it. I know he pulled me over because we were young and I had out of state plates and it was Devil’s Night. The cop lied and said that he pulled me over because I forgot my blinker at the turn. He was a real dick and made us all get out. He asked if I had any eggs in my car or anything else to hide. I kind’a lied and said no; well I didn’t have any eggs anyways. He quickly saw it and told me he was arresting me. Me, ever the comic for my adoring crowd; I screamed Rodney King over and over as he bent me over the car and cuffed me. He slammed my head off the roof while putting me in the back seat and I shut the hell up. I had been working the last few weeks along with my friends doing phone polls about the upcoming elections. My dad got my money I had saved and bailed me out.

No comments: