Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Understand Why Many Cultures Believed the Sun was a God

Since Christmas I went outside only 10 to 15 times. It was a bad winter for me although it was an incredibly short winter for my area. We don't open our curtains in the winter, which isn't really psychologically healthy I'm guessing. But Friday the kids came home from school and said it was beautiful outside. I opened the back door and the snow was gone. There is still snow banks where plows have made mounds, but everything else is clean. Not really green out yet, but spring is here. I wanted to do so many things. I have a long spring to-do-list and research/survival projects. I walked around the backyard for a minute, but knew I had to finish film editing or I would start focusing on Spring/outside.

Today, Saturday, my wife, daughter and I drove out to our favorite cross-country trails and took a walk with the dogs. For our Husky Meeka, it was her first time ever in the woods. It was 67 degrees and the warmth and light were so powerful, I just felt imbued with energy and life. Like the weary doldrums and icy grip of winter has lost its depressive weighty cloak that seems to darken my life each year. I think I should buy a UV light and sit under it like a lizard next year. (I say that every year) I understand Sun worship. I'm going outside tomorrow for sure! When everything is green I will really shake this cabinfever.

A few clips of my goofy dogs from today's first walk of the spring. It's not green yet, but you can see the ground.

No comments: