Friday, March 16, 2012

Updares <-- Updates = Fat Fingers and Randomness


Let's play Thought Fact Bullshit.

Thought: Everyone needs an Alzheimer's list IMO. Write down absolute favorite things, i.e. books, movies, music, tv series, etc.

Fact: I haven't played Skyrim this week, and I honestly feel like I am neglecting a chore.

Bullshit: I tell my Psychiatrist everything, thus end up with the correct meds and make my existence the best possible.

Thought: My wife and I think possibly I repress memories as a defence mechanism to protect me from myself.

Fact: I have heard voices a few times in my life and I was equally ashamed and scared.

Bullshit: I hate the parents that abused me as a child. 

Fact: The above was all spontaneous and had nothing to do with the updates or randomness.

I am just taking a quick break to post a few thoughts. I am editing my son's football footage, because his coach is a D-bag. I am stressed out. I actually had the heart pangs of acute anxiety attacks multiple times over past few days reading and writing e-mails. E-mails!! I am sadly, yet obviously, the intermediary in Beelzebub's love triangle between me, D-bag football coach, and paid college recruiter. The recruiter gets with me to deal the coach because he doesn't comply with video highlight requirements. I've been dealing with his broken promises for over a year now. But it is a delicate situation where I have to be frank and forthright, but not piss him off enough be vindictive towards my son. At the moment he was supposed to turn in a game film to the recruiter but he didn't follow any of the guidelines so the recruiter asked me to get with the coach and get clip numbers. Instead I downloaded editing software and the footage. I have been learning the software on the go and having to also chop every play clip manually down to the second. Then I need to check on upload formats and how to do that. I'll figure it all out.

Ok. Quick randomness because I promised. I have always needed my escapes more than most I think. Fantasy and Sci-fi has always been there to hide from demons and demons. James Cameron films, and no not Titanic, have brought me much escape. But Avatar truly was an immersive masterpiece that has jumped up to one of my altime favorites. Two more Avatar films are to start hitting theartres in '14. I am really looking forward that as much as The Hobbit this Dec. But Cameron is actually putting his movies in jeopardy along with his own life with a "passion" or "goal". Just last week he set a record for deepest manned sub dive at 38,000 ft. All types of equipment broke on that dive due to extreme pressure. later this year he is attempting to dive the Marianas Trench again deeper. I honestly wish him the best, but I do have a little apprehension.

No comments: