Monday, April 9, 2012

Boys' Night Out

Well my wife and daughter backed-out of the trip, due to a birthday party and an Easter egg hunt. My son wasn't happy about it and I wasn't either to be honest. But I understand. So my son and I drove over an hr and went to Walmart before his tattoo appointment. Got new tires put on also so we had some time to kill before that would be completed and his tat. I wrote up a small checklist. Actually I have been jotting stuff down for this trip for a week and forgot to consolidate them to a single list. Plus, while there, I didn't even look my notebook so preplanning was non-existent. Here is my list of Items bought.
  • Dog walking packs - 2 Repel 40% deet bug dope pens - Damn bugs

  • Dog walking pack - 1 Repel 20% deet bug dope/sunscreen pen - no reason to get burnt and bitten

  • Survival/walk packs - 2 pack of safety flares/firestarter - I actually said aloud, holy shit they have flares, cool. I will have to test one, soon, sweet!

  • Survival/glovebox - Coleman travel towels In A Tube - compressed, add water and towel. Like grown-up bizzaro shinky dinks. Yea, in the cart.
 
  • Survival/Walk packs - 2 mosquito head nets - 2 seemed like a good even number that may or may not give me good luck for the day.
 
  • Survival - braided fishing line.
 
  • Survival - 2 plastic waterpoof match tubes.
 
  • Survival packs - 3-pack combo of compression dry bags.
 
  • Survival/lake/shade - 5'x7' backpacker's light weight tarp.
 
  • Survival/glovebox - 4 piece spork set. got to have 4 - another round number.
 
  • Med Kit - Extra large gauze roll.
 
  • Med Kit - Triple antibiotic + pain relief.
 
  • Med Kit - Neosporin.
 
  • Survival - Compass carabiner combo. A use shall come to be.
 
  • Survival pack - Gold Bond foot powder.
 
  • Survival - 4 function safety whistle.
 
  • Walk pack - camper's compressed rolls of TP.
 
  • survival/walk pack - Bite valve tips for water bladders
 
  • Survival pack - 32oz metal breakdown cup/bottle.

  • Wife - nice laptop - she will be mad at first, but when she realised how much it sucked sharing my son's laptop, she we be happy about it.
 
  •  Son - Some Silent Hill game. He is big on zombie, horror, and 1st person shooter games. Spends more time texting with his games on pause than actually playing them.
 
  • Daughter - Poke Park 2 game. She is big on Pokemon, Sims, Facebook games. Her first love is Manga and Anime so she usually animating on her DS.
 
Getting gas I grabbed a few survival-ish things.
 
  • Survival/hygiene pack - pack on unscented wipes. Cleanliness is ...yadda yadda.
 
  • Survival pack/fishing kits - Pack of assorted hooks and weights.
 
  • Old DJ Friend - 6 80's records. There was one of those "tobacco" shops next to the tattoo parlour. I haven't seen him in years and figured it would make him happy.
 
We ended the boys' night out by watching Wrath of the Titans 3D. We both loved the flick. We talked about many things on the ride home: The movie, football, grades,college, nurture vs nature, critical thinking, religion, the science method, and that it was a natural process to grow beyond me and his mom's and grandparents'' dogmas, ideas, politics, prejudices. I told him never to be ashamed of his personal thoughts, especially to me and his mom. It was a good ride.

No comments: