Monday, April 30, 2012

Is Anyone Else Always Wired and Have to be Shutdown With Medicinal Cntl-Alt-Delete?

Does anyone else's mind always run non-stop? Manic even when in a depression. Obsessing about being depressed. I have to take prescribed sleeping/something pills plus ativan just to knock me out at night. It still takes 4-6 hrs for them to put me out, so I have to estimate when I would like to sleep. Sometimes I have to add a few OTC PM pills if I'm really focused on a subject, positive or negative subjest matters not. Get so miserable you just keep popping pill until you find yourself waking up. You really shouldn't have to fear an overdose just to get your mind to shutdown. And no, I'm not talking occasionally. This is me everyday. And when I let my script run out the last 2 times, I was awake 40+ hrs until I got the pills refilled. And that was with taking many PM pills to no avail. And I wasn't happy super productivity time. No, after the first day or so DT's kick in and I feel like I have a moster flu throughout my whole body. Vomitting and the sensation that my brain has become untethered and is sloshing around in a viscous liquid both painful and pressurized every time I move and hit walls of my skull. Running out of Lithium also causes me these DT's.

I have to see my psych today. My anxiety level is already at a 3 or 4.

4 comments:

Jean Grey said...

I was like this for a couple of years after being taken off of lithium cold turkey (due to toxicity), and then being badly medicated by idiot doctors. Mania, mixed episodes, agitated depressions followed. I can't believe I am still alive with what I used to take just to sleep sometimes. But on my current meds, it usually only takes a little ambien to get me to sleep.

ashmc2 said...

You know, I believe that all these meds that I take for my sanity and regulation normalcy are slowly killing me from the inside. Ruining my organs day by day. But if that is the only way my family can live with me, then so be it. I will die for their love.

Anonymous said...

Running out of medicine is never good for the anxiety. I used to take Ativan and found it didn't really help to much with my sleep. I now take about 200mg of Trazadone with Rozerom, and a benedryl to halp me sleep.

But then again when your manic it doesn't always matter what you take you just won't sleep.

Cherry Blossom said...

OMG, yes! My mind runs nonstop, and recently, as an adult I was diagnosed with ADD. I believe I had it my whole life! Btw, it's common for people with ADD/ADHD to have mental issues like depression.