Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Bad Dream

My wife came in got me up because my mom was coming over. She said that Ash-daughter had scared her horribly that morning. She said that Ash-girl told her about a bad dream that she had the previous night. Ash-wife was really worked up as she began telling the story. It was obvious that it had really affected her, so I forced the sleep from the corners of my eyes and paid attention.

Ash-daughter's dream

I bug got into my head, in my brain. It traveled to my tummy and I got sick. You took me to the Dr and he said it was cancer. He said that I had 3 days to live.

Day 1 grandma came to visit and started crying. She said that see couldn’t take this again. First her daughter had cancer and now her granddaughter.

Day 2 Ash-boy came and said he was sorry for being mean to me. He said that he was sorry for all the times that he called me names and picked on me.

Day 3 you were laying on me crying bad and hugging me momma. Then I died. I was looking down at you holding me and screaming.

That certainly must have been a pretty fucked up dream to hear from your 8 year old. Ash-wife was truly distraught about the whole thing. She said that she didn’t ever want to think about it again. I have to admit that it was a pretty unnerving because of all the details and just mentioning the C-word is dreadful.

2 comments:

Butterfly said...

Ouch.

Who wants to hear their child talk about death.

Man.

Hmmm, maybe do something this week with just you and ash-girl and see if she'll open up about what's bugging her. Sometimes dreams mirror real fears.

Good luck.

~Ivy said...

wow.. I wouldnt have known how to take that!