Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Weight Management

Weight Background

I never hit 140lbs until I was 24 year’s old. Picture a young Mick Jagar’s physique. Not the gargantuan mouth, just the scrawny body type. I dance like him also – jokin’. I smoked from the time I was 13 year’s old at a pack and a half a day until I was 24 at which time I was burning through three packs a day. When I quit I made my way up to 185lbs within a few years. I then took up Muey Thai. (Kickboxing with knees and elbows added in.) I lived around 170lbs for a few years. 2 year’s ago I got down to 155lbs, but my set point was 170lbs. The gym closed and I still stayed around 170-180lbs. Then in august of 2005 I was diagnosed. I went on Meds – started with Depakote and then Seroquel. I got up to 210lbs and me and a friend made a bet who could lose the most weight in a month. I won by losing 30lbs to his 28lbs. Fast-forward 6 months later to the present – I now weigh more than I ever have: 216lbs.

Weight Goal

I want to weigh 175lbs - not too big, not too little. Oh what the hell, lets throw in a timeframe – 6 months. November 1st. That’s close to 7lbs a month, which equates to roughly 2lbs a week. I think I can do it. That is nice and slow, which they say helps remedy the balloon effect. If I lose it more quickly, so be it. 2lbs a week sounds good because I don’t plan on much of an exercise regimen. Actually practicing sports with the kids, pretty much sums it up. I think just not eating after taking my Seroquel will achieve this goal alone. I currently eat until I’m ready to explode after my nightly meds. This will cease today. If I just can’t contain my inner fat bastard on occasion, I will eat a piece of fruit. I will try to update weekly. I think updating will actually help me to stick to it. Lord knows I don’t want to let you guys down. LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cmon ASH we CAN do it! Im working on the same thing... 30lbs by August 31st.. Lord help us :)

Butterfly said...

I got some fruit tohelp with my nausea, and I found these cute plums and baby apples that i can roll over and eat at 3am.

Keep fruits around to help. You can do this.

Ash! Ash!Ash! Ash!Ash! Ash!

Nunya said...

go ash, it's your birfday...

or something like that.

ashmc2 said...

ROTFLMAO.

TY guys.

Funny shit Mom.

Later, Ash out...