Saturday, March 24, 2007

Women vs Men Ratio

If I remember right, more men than women are bipolar. Right? Although for so odd reason more women have my bipolar type: rapid cycling. So the weird thing is that the vast majority of bipolar bloggers seem to be women. First thing that comes to mind is that men suppress their feelings as much as possible. We bottle problems up until they spew forth. No nothing’s wrong – like I usually tell my doc. Masculinity and ego are the likely culprit; it’s a penis thing really. I think that women are more comfortable writing about their thoughts and feelings than men and are willing to tell others in our community. Just something that I have noticed in my brief submergence into the bipolar blogosphere.

Any thoughts on this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad you keep a blog and show your "true" emotions. I read bipolar men's blogs all the time, and, just like you said, they "mask" what they feel. They suddenly make it about news topics, or try to get all flowery with their words and forget the emotions and what they're going through at the moment. But what *I* want to know is...what are you going through? How are you coping? What's going on in your life? Isn't that WHY you started your blog in the first place? I don't give a damn how many people read my blog. It's for ME, and me only, to record my thoughts/moods, etc., and to try and catch anything before it gets out of control, you know? Why does it have to be all about readership, as many has made it become eventually?