Monday, April 30, 2007

ASSHOLES

I was reading Amber's blog and her last post brought up sometime that I am currently stewing over. I didn't even realize exactly how made I was until I read her post. This is exactly what my T-doc was talking about: catastrophic thinking. I have unconsciously been ruminating about this and if I would have continued without realizing, I would likely have snapped. I can now hopeful bitch them out nice and calm like.

A couple of friends went smelt dipping last week. (Netting small fish for frying, at night with flashlights.) I acted interested as they told of their exploits. They said stated that they were going again on Sat night and invited me to go. They also said that I should bring my son; that he would have a good time. Did I mention that THEY invited US. We did a lot of prep work to get ready. It was all my son talked about. I had to buy a license. I had to borrow waders for Ash-boy. I bought batteries for the flashlights and headlamps. Sat we wait and wait. It gets dark. We wait. 10pm comes and I call. No answer at Van Horn's house. I then ring Smity's cell. I get some BS about Van Horn backing out and hr prior and being P-whipped. Sadly he is quite P-whipped. He always gets with chicks that control him. He has such a low personal self-image, but that isn't really any of my business, although I throw it in his face and call him a punk as often as I can. Just as I will the next time I see his no-commitment-keeping-ass. I sardonically jabbed that I really appreciated the call so we didn’t wait around all fucking night for someone to come and actually live up the promise to my son. I hung-up. I will have to contain myself when I go back to work. It will be hard because I already want to smack them around verbally. ASSHOLES.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh...Ash, that would have made me furious. Bipolar symptoms or not, that is downright WRONG. And involving your son in it and having him disappointed would have me not speaking to my friend - seriously. I don't know if that's right or wrong to do, but you're right, a simple phone call is all he had to do.

I'm so sorry that happened to you - you have every right to be mad.

~Ivy said...

what a let down for your son! And thats a hard one to explain.. Asses!

Butterfly said...

I remember my dad promising to take me to DC to the White House for my birthday. My uncle who lived in DC was gonna be our tour guide.

Uncle cancelled at the last minute.

I was crushed.

Only promise your kids things that are within your control. Adults can suck sometimes.