Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Meds Are Kicking In

Good News – not that good news, but it’s getting there.

We have been conversing via e-mail somewhat. She still loves me and plans, I think, to come back to me. She just wants me to get myself and anger under control. She actually thinks that she is my trigger. I don’t agree, but who knows? Anyways, we are getting along and she hasn’t given up on me – yet.

I went down and took my psych/business exam. I think I did well. The one section that I am worried about is English. I suck at English. I sure hope a squeaked it out. I will be devastated if I fail and have to take it again and go on academic review. Please no. But on a positive note, I got my ass out of bed. I actually tried to talk myself out going. The lady said that Mondays were quiet days without much traffic. I started throwing that around in my procrastinator’s gray matter and it almost stagnated my progress. But in the end I went in and took it.

As an aside – don’t you just fucking hate when people try to include you in their conversation without you being necessarily in it. Sorry for the excessively drawn-out, yet vague question. Ex: I’m trying to take my exam and in walks these two high school chicks. I’m sitting in an out-of-the-way spot with only 2 tables. The rest of the library is pretty much empty, yet they come over and sit at the table adjacent to mine. They immediately start talking loud for my benefit, seemingly oblivious to the teetering mound of course books and other notebooks littering my table. They start talking all big and were peeking to see if I was getting all the “Grown-up” talk; I noticed through my peripheral. They started talking about the cool stuff they do like drinking and smoking and going out with guys – all for my benefit. Like I really give a shit. I hate that crap. It is usually young people that want the crowd to hear of their grown-up exploits. Also kids like to do this while waiting in the line at stores. I only had to suffer through this for a ½ hr, because I finished, just as the librarian noticed the girls and came over to shoo them away. I stood up and said, “I’m done let the young ‘women’ stay there.” They blushed and I left.

The message that I left with my P-doc last Thurs apparently didn’t fall on deaf ears, because I got a call yesterday saying that they hooked me up with a T-doc that comes into town 3 days a week. She called me back and we set up an appointment for tomorrow. So I am pretty nervous. I will get though it.

We started IM’ing a little tonight and talked a lot and that was nice. She initiated it the conversation. She is going to come over and take care of the bills while I’m at my P-doc’s on Thurs. I hate bills. Good to talk live though.

Well I need some sleep and the Seroquel is kicking in. Night all.

4 comments:

~j~ said...

Yay! That's wonderful news! I'm glad she's still in it for the long haul, so to say.

Great luck with the t-doc! Everything should go fine, right? I'm usually not nervous with the t-docs anymore because I know it's their job to meander their way through the odd networks my mind may have built that I may not understand or do understand better than they and make them aware of that... it's all like a learning experience, nothing carved in stone.

And yeah, it's pretty annoying when people are laughing super loud or talking loud etc. to draw attention to themselves. I just kind of drown them out now. I've been around it so much... I live in a college town and I think they have it the worst. So it's just like, okay, another one of those situations... blah blah blah... get my stuff at the convenient store and go on my way. Their conversation is as important to me as the price of the mint on the counter... not at all, lol, I imagine you agree :)

Also, IMO, therapy is so much a process that one shouldn't base feelings of one or two sessions. It's sometimes a forwards/backwards thing, or nothing at all, etc... so I think persistance is a good word :P It has been for me.

ashmc2 said...

Thanks ~j~

Anonymous said...

Just a note to say hello!!!

Butterfly said...

Ash, this week has been a blur.

Instead of the "best week ever", I feel more like "arsehole of the month".

Reading your blog this week makes want to kick myself in the bumb.

My prayers truly are with you. I want you to have your wife and family back. You're a good guy, and it truly seems like your doing everything to restore your family.

Dont forget to share all of your coping tips.

Your unfortunate partner in anger,
Butterfly