Monday, April 16, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears - Oh My - Rinse and Repeat Over and Over at a Faster Pace

I got really spooked out last night. I got ready to got to bed and turned off the TV im the living room and turned off all the lights and walked down the hall. As I was walking suddenly I heard a TV for about 3 sec. I jumped and turned around and walked back into the living room. Maybe I did that double click thing with the power button. Of course total darkness and no TV. I decided to check the kids’ rooms. Ash-girl is notorious for leaving her TV on and they were visiting that day. No TV on. I checked my room and Ash-boy’s even though I knew that he took it. Yep, still gone. I then heard it again – it was like TV background conversation. Gooseflesh erupted all over and I went into a full-fledged panic attack. The dogs weren’t barking. They are extremely acute to anything out of the ordinary. The last time I didn’t respond to their barking my wallet and radio was stolen from my truck. That made me turn on all the lights and check the house thoroughly and outside also. I left the outside lights on just in case some punks were prowling around my vehicle. I then went into my room and irrationally stared at the wall by the room’s hallway door off and on, fully expecting a head to pop around to look at me. My fear was a tangible thing. Likely over spooked by this, due to my wife’s belief in spirits and that shit and the fact that she has said on multiple occasions that she has seen 2 different ones in my house.

Hopefully it was just a residual reverberation in my mind left from the TV’s droning into the sudden silence and darkness. Hopefully it was some mundane event and not my first psychotic episode. I don’t think I could handle hearing shit. I know I could not handle seeing shit. No matter what it was it total had me frazzled. I’m taking my seroquel earlier tonight so maybe I can get to sleep before 4am.

3 comments:

~j~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~j~ said...

hmmm... well if you do happen to have a psychotic episode, I'm sure many of us can rant and rave with you. :P

I've had all kinds of small freak outs thinking it was finally the time I was hallucinating, etc. Fortunately nothing yet. *shiver*

Butterfly said...

Been there.

I hate the feeling of dread! So much stronger than regular fear.